- A BMB vehicle was destroyed, carrying members of so-called “Nimir Forces”, trying to storm the Aerial Technical in #Ramousa, South of the city.
- Assad’s warplanes launched 3 airstrikes on #Abin town in the western suburb.
- The revolutionaries thwarted Assad’s forces and loyal militias attempt to move forward in Jabas Marketplace in Ramousa region in South Aleppo, and killed members among them after fierce clashes lasting for more than 5 hours.
- Surface-to-surface cluster missile fell on the vicinity of #Dalla_Roundabout in #Bazaa region, in the eastern suburb, leaving martyrs and wounded among civilians.
- Assad’s warplanes launched two airstrikes on #Firdous neighborhood, and damages were limited to properties.
- #Huwar_Killis Operation Room captured two members of #ISIL in #Reai town, in the northern suburb.
- The revolutionists destroyed a car bomb of ISIS at #Raee town with an anti-armor missile.
- So-called “Syrian Democratic Forces”, located at Sheikh Maksoud neighborhood, targeted the houses in #Hullok neighborhood with heavy artillery shells.
- The revolutionists regained full control over #Raee town following fierce clashes with ISIS.
- Assad’s warplanes launched several airstrikes on neighborhood of #Karem_Tarab.
- 3 martyrs and several wounded were reported due to a Russian airstrike on #Qaterji neighborhood with a vacuum missile.
- A Ballistic missile, most likely launched from the Russian battleships, fell on #Darat_Ezza city in the western suburbs.
- Russian warplanes carried out vacuum missile attacks on the neighborhoods of #Shaar, #Maysir, #Maadi, and #Harablah, leaving wounded among civilians.
- Fatih Army thwarted Assad’s forces attempt to move forward in #Ramousa neighborhood and kill seven members, and captivate an officer.
- Assad’s helicopters dropped two barrel bombs on #Masakin_Hanano neighborhood, leaving wounded among civilians.
- Russian warplanes carried out missile attacks on #Daret_Izza city in the western suburb.
- Assad’s warplanes launched an airstrike on #Sakhour neighborhood.
- Fatih Army claims they have destroyed a tank for Assad’s forces in the front of #Cement Factory in the outskirts of #Sheikh_Saeid neighborhood, in South Aleppo, with an anti-armor Kornet rocket.
- Russian airstrikes on the cities of #Hreitan and #Anadan in the northern suburb of #Aleppo.(see video)https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_l-SViMC2cE&feature=youtu.be
- 6 civilians were martyred and several others were injured due to airstrikes on the village of #Jina in the western suburbs.
- 3 civilians were martyred due to Assad’s forces shelling with heavy artillery on #Jesr_Haj area.
- 5 martyrs and several wounded were reported due to airstrikes on #Qabtan_Jabal town in the western suburbs.
- Warplanes launch several airstrikes on the neighborhoods of #Bostan_Qasir #Mashhad ##Qasi_Askar and #Sakhor where several wounded were reported.
- A woman was martyred due to targeting the neighborhood of #Bostan_Qasir with missiles by Assad’s warplanes.
- 1 martyr and several wounded were reported due to targeting the neighborhood of #Mashhad with airstrikes.
- Several civilian wounded were reported due to targeting the village of #Hota near #Enjara town in the western suburbs with vacuum missiles by Russian warplanes.
- Assad’s helicopters dropped naval mines on the neighborhood of #Firdos and several civilian wounded were reported.
- Assad’s helicopters targeted Jimiat area in #Orm_Kubra in the western suburbs with barrel bombs.
- A child was martyred and several people were injured due to warplanes airstrikes on #Fardos in the city.
- Assad’s warplanes launched 3 airstrikes with missiles on the town of #Hayan in the northern suburbs and several civilian wounded were reported.
- Several civil defense members were wounded due to Assad’s warplanes airstrikes on a Civil Defense building in #Orm_Kubra town and the ambulance went out of service.
- Assad’s warplanes carried out three chlorine-loaded missile attacks on #Qabir_Inglizi region and #Baghdad street in #Hreitan town in the northern suburb.
- A martyr and dozens of wounded, including children, as Assad’s warplanes carried out vacuum missile attack on #Daret_Izza city in the western suburb.
- A martyr and some wounded among civilians as Assad’s warplanes carried out missile attack on #Jub_Quba neighborhood in Aleppo city.
- Assad’s warplanes carried out 4 vacuum missile attacks on #Haian town in the northern suburb.
- The revolutionaries destroyed a T72 tank for Assad’s forces with an anti-armor missile in the front of #Sheikh_Saeid in South Aleppo.
- ISIL retreated from #Manbej city, and use civilians as human shields. They reportedly shoot some families trying to escape from the column heading to #Jarablous city(see brief above).
- Revolutionaries claimed to destroy a BMB vehicle for Assad’s forces with an anti-armor missile in the front of #Cement Factory in the southern suburb.
- “Syria Democratic Forces” claim taking full control over #Manbej city in the eastern suburb after ISIL retreat.
- 12 martyrs, including children and women, as Assad’s warplanes carried out vacuum missile attack on #Haian town in the northern suburb.
- Assad’s helicopters dropped barrel bombs on #Sukkari neighborhood.
- 2 civilians were martyred and several other wounded due to Assad’s helicopters shelling on #Jesr_Haj area with naval mines.
- A child was injured and houses were greatly damaged due to targeting the city of #Marea with mortar shells by ISIS members.
- Assad’s warplanes targeted #Mouasalat_Qadima neighborhood with rockets causing property damages.
- A civilian was martyred and several others were wounded due to Russian airstrikes on #Fardos neighborhood.
- The revolutionists destroy a T72 tank of Assad’s forces at the #Cement _Factory front by targeting it with an anti-armor Fagot missile.
- Assad’s forces targeted with heavy artillery #Haritan city and #Kafr_Hamra town in the northern suburbs.
- Russian warplanes targeted #Jandol area with guided missiles along with targeting #Baidin neighborhood with a barrel bombs.
- 7 martyrs among civilians in #Manbej city as a landmine exploded in their car when they tried to leave the city.
- Martyrs and wounded as warplanes carried out vacuum missile attack on #Marja neighborhood in the morning.
- Martyrs and wounded among civilians, some of them are stuck under the rubble, as Assad’s helicopters dropped two barrel bombs on #Tariq_Bab neighborhood.
- Russian airstrikes on #Atareb town in the western suburb, and no casualties were reported.
- 10 martyrs among civilians, mostly children and women, and destruction in civilians’ houses, as Russian warplanes bombarded #Marja neighborhood. The martyrs are :
4-year-old Rida Abdou Qarfaa, 7-year-old Obeid Hasan Qarfaa, 5-year-old Omar Hasan Qarfaa, 8-year-old Rim Hasan Qarfaa, 35-year-old Muna Radwan Qarfaa, 23-year-old Muhammad Radwan Qarfaa, 45-year-old Mahmoud Aboud Kharma, and two children of Jadoua family.
- 4 martyrs of one family as Russian warplanes carried out vacuum missile attack on civilian houses in #Atareb city in the western suburb.
- Revolutionary battalions launch a new attack on #Ramousa camps in West Aleppo, along with Assad’s forces attempt to move forward to #Handarat camp in the north.
- The revolutionists target Assad’s forces located at Project 3000 Departments with an anti-armor Tow missile destroying their Kornet rocket launcher.
- Fatih Army conquered the headquarter of #Arming_Battalion after fierce clashes with Assad’s forces and targeting their locations with a bomb car.
- Fatih Army announced liberating Artillery Battalion in #Ramousa after fierce clashes with Assad’s forces.
The Syrian army abandoned its last base near the northern town of Saraqeb after a fierce assault by rebels, further isolating the strategically important second city Aleppo from the capital. But in a political setback to forces battling to topple President Bashar al-Assad, the United Nations said the rebels appeared to have committed a war crime after seizing the base.
The opposition Syrian Observatory for Human Rights said on Friday government troops had retreated from a post north-west of Saraqeb, leaving the town and surrounding areas “completely outside the control of regime forces”. It was not immediately possible to verify the reported army withdrawal. Authorities restrict journalists’ access in Syria and state media made no reference to Saraqeb.
The pullout followed co-ordinated rebel attacks on Thursday against three military posts around Saraqeb, 50 km (30 miles) southwest of Aleppo, in which 28 soldiers were killed. Several were shown in video footage being shot after they had surrendered. “The allegations are that these were soldiers who were no longer combatants. And therefore, at this point it looks very likely that this is a war crime, another one,” UN human rights spokesman Rupert Colville said in Geneva.
“Unfortunately this could be just the latest in a string of documented summary executions by opposition factions as well as by government forces and groups affiliated with them, such as the shabbiha (pro-government militia),” he said. Video footage of the killings showed rebels berating the captured men, calling them “Assad’s dogs”, before firing round after round into their bodies as they lay on the ground. Rights groups and the United Nations say rebels and forces loyal to President Bashar al-Assad have committed war crimes during the 19-month-old conflict. It began with protests against Assad and has spiralled into a civil war which has killed 32,000 people and threatens to drag in regional powers.
The mainly Sunni Muslim rebels are supported by Sunni states including Saudi Arabia, Qatar and neighbouring Turkey. Shia Iran remains the strongest regional supporter of Assad, who is from the Alawite faith which is an offshoot of Shia Islam. Saraqeb lies at the meeting point of Syria’s main north-south highway, linking Aleppo with Damascus, and another road connecting Aleppo to the Mediterranean port of Latakia.
With areas of rural Aleppo and border crossings to Turkey already under rebel control, the loss of Saraqeb would leave Aleppo city further cut off from Assad’s Damascus powerbase. Any convoys using the highways from Damascus or the Mediterranean city of Latakia would be vulnerable to rebel attack. This would force the army to use smaller rural roads or send supplies on a dangerous route from Al-Raqqa in the east, according to the Observatory’s director, Rami Abdelrahman.
In response to the rebels’ territorial gains, Assad has stepped up air strikes against opposition strongholds, launching some of the heaviest raids so far against working class suburbs east of Damascus over the last week. The bloodshed has continued unabated despite an attempted cease-fire, proposed by join UN-Arab League envoy Lakhdar Brahimi to mark last month’s Muslim holiday of Eidul-Azha.
more in the article