The forces tried to advance on the fronts of the northern villages of Homs and southern Hama three days ago, but failed and suffered losses. Rebels moved from the defense to the attack, and managed to control three barriers outside of the village of Qubba alKurdi in the southern countryside of Hama.
Violent clashes lasted for hours between the factions and the regime forces in the region ended the liberation by the factions to the two checkpoints in the vicinity of the village who are situated on the hills surrounding the village. This means the village is under the rebels’ fire control. The control of those barriers are strategically important because it contributes to secure the outskirts of Qantara and Breighit and also secures the military roads, and stop the regime attacks toward Wadi al-Jessia, Breighit and the village of Qantara. This attack also prevented the regime forces to be concentrated inside the village, forcing them to gather outside and withdraw. During this attack, dozens of elements of the regime’s forces and militias were killed and wounded during the operation, and they grabbed 1 mortar gunfield and 20 shells, 1 Toshka and individual arms and ammunitions.
This battle comes after another attempt by the regime to progress toward the eastern front of rural Hom and Southern Hama, as rebels inflicted the regime important human and material losses.
Sources Baladi Network an Jisr TV in arabic
Local coordination committees in Syria with the end of Monday 13/2/2017 has documented 44 martyrs in Syria among them 10 ladies, 3 CHILDREN AND 3 Martyrs under torture
- 21 martyrs in #Aleppo spent the artillery shelling and Turkish AF on #alBab
- 10 martyrs in #daraa clashes with Assad’s forces shelling on the city.
- 6 Martyrs in #idlib
- 3 Martyrs in #Damascus _ and suburbs
- 2 Martyrs in #Deir _ ezzor
- 2 Martyrs in #Homs
FSA control #Shihabi farm at the entrance of #alBab city; in the northern tip after fierce battles with al “Daesh” resulted in the death of 14 Daesh members within the battles, “the shield of the Euphrates”.
- A martyr and a number of wounded civilians,as a result of Assad’s forces launching heavy artillery shelling on the town #Huraytan in the northern countryside.
As a part of Operation Euphrates Shield, FSA captured #Duwar_Raei, north of #Bab city in the eastern countryside, after fierce clashes with Daesh.
As a part of Operation Euphrates Shield, FSA captures #Qabasin city in the northeastern countryside after fierce clashes with Daesh.
- Assad’s forces based in #Hader town targeted heavy artillery shelling on #Ais town in the southern countryside.
- Assad’s forces target with heavy artillery and missile launchers #Ais town, #Hobar and #Khirbat_Hamod villages in the southern countryside.
by the end of Wednesday 13/12/2016 the local coordination committees documented 67 martyrs in Syria includes 13 children, 7 women and one martyr under torturing.
37 martyrs in #Hama killed by the bombing with Sarin gas in #Grouh village few days ago.
19 martyrs in #Aleppo
5 martyrs in #Raqqa
4 martyrs in #Homs
one martyr in #Idleb
and one martyr in #Latakia