The Iranian hostages behind the Commander-in-Chief of al-Baraa brigade while giving his statement
- Al-Baraa brigade in Damascus suburbs said will execute the 45 Iranian hostages after 48 hours if Syrian regime doesn’t end the violence against civilians.
- Turkish armed forces destroyed a Syrian air defence base, killed and injured scores of Syrian troops.
- Chaos swept through Assad’s hometown of Qardaha as heavy fighting between pro and anti-Assad Alawite militias renewed.
Today’s Top Videos
- Damascus Suburb: Statement by the Baraa brigade regarding the Iranian hostages
- Hameh, Damascus Suburb: Many people die and more get injured due to the fierce and indiscriminate shelling, P2
- Azamiya, Aleppo: Unidentified civilians executed by regime forces, P2, P3
- Deir Azzour: MIG fighter jets bombard the city
- Death Toll: 116 including 8 women and 2 children (Damascus and Suburbs: 42, Aleppo: 33, Homs: 10, Deir Azzour: 9, Daraa: 8, Latakia: 5, Hama: 6, Idlib: 2, Qunaitera: 1)
- Free Syrian Army key operations:
- Killed at least 35 army soldiers throughout the country.
- Killed at least 21 Republican guards in the Damascus suburb of Qodsaya.
- Seized control of Sabaa Bahrat neighbourhood in the city of Aleppo.
- Shot down a fighter jet near Koweres airport in Aleppo.
- Destroyed part of the air defence base in the Daraa suburb of Msefra.
Summary of Events
Al-Baraa brigade in the Eastern Ghuta district of Damascus province gave the Syrian regime 48 hours ultimatum to end the shelling and release all detainees before they execute the 45 Iranian captives who were captured in Damascus on the fifth of August.
Turkish armed forces destroyed a Syrian air defence base in northern Syria and killed and injured scores of Syrian troops in response to the Syrian shell that killed 5 Turks in the neighbouring Turkish town of Akcakale yesterday.
Syrian fighter jets and heavy artillery bombarded the Eastern Ghuta district of Damascus province as well as the Damascus suburbs of Douma, Harasta, Qoudsaya and Zabadani leaving scores of civilians dead and many more wounded. Meanwhile, fierce clashes were reported in the Damascus suburb of Zakiya between rebel fighters and regime forces resulting in dozens of deaths and inuries on both sides.
Fierce fighting continued non-stop throughout the city of Aleppo between rebel fighters and regime forces. Meanwhile, scores of civilians were killed and many were injured as regime fighter jets and heavy artillery resumed shelling the neighbourhoods of Sukari, Ansari, Masharqa, Arqoub, Suleiman Halabi, Baydin, Sheikh Khodor, Hollok, Bustan Basha and Masaken Hanano as well as a number of towns and villages in the suburbs of Aleppo.
Chaos swept through Assad’s hometown of Qardaha of Latakia province as heavy fighting between pro and anti-Assad Alawite militias renewed following the abduction of three women of anti-Assad clan of al-Khayer by militias from the Assad tribe. At least eight militiamen reported dead and dozens more were injured.
In the meantime, regime forces resumed their fierce and indiscriminate shelling of densely populated areas throughout the country, leaving scores of civilians dead and wounded while destroying dozens of houses. The shelling targeted the neighbourhoods of Khaldiya and Waer in the city of Homs as well as its provincial towns of Talbiseh, Rastan, Ghanto, Krak Des Chevalier, Madiq fortress in the suburb of Hama as well as the Daraa suburbs of Karak Sharqi, Msefra, Sahweh, Ghariya Sharqiya, Ghariya Gharbiay, Nasib, Baser Harir, Lajat, Tal Shihab, Yadouda and Tafas.
Regime forces also resumed shelling the neighbourhoods of Hamidiya, Arfi, Jbaila and Mowathafin in the city of Deir Azzour as well as its provincial towns of Bo’amar, Mohasan and Boukama. they heavily bombarded the Idlib suburbs of Jabal Azzwiya as well as the rebels’ stronghold of Jubata Khasab in the southern province of Quanaitera as they amassed troops in preparation for a major offensive against it.